Vinyl ester has slightly better durability for 100 LL aviation fuel.  Epoxy
is satisfactory also for 100 LL.  Both resins will dissolve slowly in the
Ethanol that our enlightened government requires to be added to automotive
gasoline.  In the presence of water in the Ethanol laced fuel, the Ethanol
is much more active and will dissolve Vinyl ester quite quickly.  (Been
there, done that, got the aluminum tanks.)  The water is absorbed by the
Ethanol that is stored in vented gas station and aircraft fuel tanks until
it reaches 6% water at saturation.  All the chemistry experts I checked with
refer to this condition as a super solvent for Vinyl ester.

No mechanical filter will separate the dissolved water from the Ethanol.

Rubber components in aircraft fuel systems are also attacked by Ethanol.
Worst case is the hardening of the tiny rubber tip on the float needle for
float carburetors.

Recommend that Ethanol automotive fuel not be used in Vinyl ester and Epoxy
aircraft fuel tanks.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA

 My M-19 is being constructed using the pink board and AeroPoxy laminating