I /think /that the EAA losing it's way is just a symptom of this
culture/society we've built (or evolved into?)
At work it's "Safety Safety" - everybody _says_ it's for concern about
worker's health and well being, but
I think it's all about lawsuits and the possibility of bad publicity. A
totally risk averse thing.
Experimental Aircraft building - heck flying! has risk.  I can't think
of how to change that - why
suppose that the EAA has any good ideas?
I can't imagine what the kids are learning.  Is it any wonder that
younger people aren't building?