I felt pushed out of EAA during the Reagan years. Rutan, Lance Niebaur, Dr.
Paul Macready, the Cafe Foundation, all were west coast hippie culture, like
me. EAA was squeaky clean, mid-western, Republican, family values, and they
started beating the "FAA is big bad government" drum, like the NRA, so I left.
Don't miss the self-serving fools at all, and they don't seem to miss us
long-haired, draft dodging, degenerates, floating around on lawnchairs under
helium ballons who are building the spacecraft of tomorrow out here on the left
coast. Peter