I was asked off-line how I located where to cut the air inlets after
glassing the foam plug.

I had put holes in the foam at each corner of the prospective inlet and
filled these holes with micro during the filling and sanding of the foam.
After the fiberglass had set, the white micro spots were visible under the
fiberglass.  Marked lines on the fiberglass with a wet erase Sharpie and cut
with a Dremel plastic cutting wheel.  Just to hedge the bet, I cut about
3/16" inside the lines.  Ripped off the cut fiberglass rectangle; hogged out
the foam from the center and filed to the final shape after spotting the
duct behind the nose bowl foam.

I put the micro on the nose bowl fiberglass after cutting the air inlets.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA