Mark,
For the KR Forum you could address the cg concerns for different engines and
extending the engine mounts.  Some of the additional things going in the
tail not in the plans could be trim tab motors, elevator counter balance
stuff, wider elevators, antennas and associated wiring, auto pilot servos
and hardware associated with removable turtle decks.  For tri-gear I am very
much aware that the main wheels are not set far enough to the rear to
consistently keep the tail from dumping when trying to mount or dismount.
Don't know if these issues are addressed in the KR-2S supplement plans.
Today I would not build a two-place KR with a 34-inch wide cockpit: that is
absurd.  Yep, been there, done that.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA