A retractable pogo stick on the tail does not seem to practical for my KR-2
at this time.
This morning with just myself onboard and half fuel, the cg is at 12.6
inches.  I tried raising the nose on a fast taxi down the runway.  With an
estimated steady ground speed of 25 knots, I can easily raise the nose wheel
off the pavement with back stick about two inches.  I estimate the speed
because the ASI does not register until 40 knots.  I think I have the cg
about correct for flight, but the cg is only 3.4 inches ahead of the main
wheels.  Hence the tendency to dump on the tail.
If I used longer gear legs, that would move the main wheels further aft.
But then there would be spring or stiffness issues, along with level stance
on the ground.  If I angled the gear legs further aft, then the bottom of
the leg would need rework to get the toe in correct; that would also need
extra length on the legs with spring and stance considerations.  Mr. Pazmany
shows lots of math to design the gear geometry to properly comply with Part
23.  I am trying to avoid re-designing my KR-2.  I want a practical machine
I can fly now without another year or two down time.
So, not dropping bombs yet, anyone have any other suggestions?

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA