I seem to recall an article in Sport Aviation many years ago about a
Midget Mustang builder who attached the cheek cowls with piano hinges.
When installing the wires, he would lube them with something which I
have forgotten and spin them slowly with a drill while running them in,
reporting no problem with that method. This was before powered
screwdrivers. MM cheek cowls are pretty long but the curve is not too
sharp, so, not sure if the drill technique would work here.

Chris