Liquid?nails in a caulk gun is used to bond this foam board to basement
foundations on cinder block walls.Joe Cruz
cruzj12 at frontiernet.net
KR1.5 N3151K
KR2S builder

     On Friday, November 28, 2014 11:37 AM, Oscar Zuniga via KRnet <krnet at
list.krnet.org> wrote:

 Adam wrote-

>? ? Thank you for the detailed response. this really helps make my final
>judgment.
> Just one question. Do you need 100% coverage?( excluding area near sanding )?
> or are you suggesting ex. 75% coverage?

I can't imagine why you would need 100% coverage in order to bond the pieces
soundly, but you might want to get a couple of scrap pieces and do some testing
for your own satisfaction.? Try just laying down some 'S' passes on two pieces
of board to give minimal bonding (and weight), then maybe a little bit more to
give perhaps 50% coverage on a second pair of scraps, then maybe cover most of
the joining faces of a third set except for the edges.? Let cure and then stick
a putty knife in between the pieces and see how readily they pop apart.? In any
case, the foam board gets sanded to shape and glassed over, so it's not like
it's going to have large shear or peeling forces trying to pop the pieces apart.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR