On 02/05/2015 11:49 AM, Steve G. via KRnet wrote:
> Cooling air or a blast tube
> is needed to keep it operating properly.

This is correct, and the installation instructions for the MkI indicate
that you should do this.  On my installation, I have a one inch blast
tube pointed at the regulator, and a second one pointing at the TBI
itself.  So far no vapor lock issues.

> While the idea of the built in "primer" and vapor lock release looks like a
> good idea, I would caution against it.

I can't speak as to the long term maintenance issues, but I can say that
the primer setup is very effective on the MkI, and works so well that I
removed the old manual priming system that was installed.  The engine
now typically starts around a full rotation of the prop, whereas with
the old carb and primer it would take several rotations.  I've
eliminated the multiple failure points present with the copper priming
lines, manual plunger, extra taps into the fuel line, etc.  So far it
has definitely been a significant improvement over the old priming system.

I have no idea how effective the MkII system might be.

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill - N1JOV - EAA Chapter 87
Sportsman 2+2 Builder #7118 N421DJ - http://deej.net/sportsman/