Hi folks

I have had my KR2 on the civil register over here since 2002 under our
experimental category and for the first time our authority has asked me to
justify my MTOW of 1200lbs (545kg). They are arguing that the max they have on
record is only 408kg (900lbs).

I would greatly appreciate if people could email me their approved MTOW so I
can provide them with reasons why today?s KRs frequently fly at weights above
900lbs. I?ll then post a summary of the replies.

I think they are getting the 900lb from the original approval given to the KR2
over here prior to experimental coming in over ten years ago. Under the latter
my understanding is that we can nominate whatever MTOW we like.

Regards John

John Martindale

29 Jane Circuit

Toormina NSW 2452