I'm no aerodynamicist but seems to me the proper way to fix this problem
is simply to move the wings forward.  Either that or shorten the tail.

Using hydrogen or helium instead of air in the tires will help with
buoyancy, which might help.  This has the side benefit of increasing the
service ceiling.

Keep in mind when playing around with lead that it is highly toxic.  It's
against the law to use lead even for wheel weights, at least in
California.  If your plane is loaded with lead it's possible you'll be
stopped at the state line and have to take a bus the rest of the way.
Lots to consider here.

Mike
KSEE

Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/554ebdc1d755f3dc15ba5st04vuc