Trevor wrote:

> Can you guys give me some feedback about the viability of using theKR-2 as
> a cross-country aircraft? Is it comfortable for just a single
> person? What range are you guys seeing out of your actual aircraft?

In good weather, they are perfectly viable compared to cars.  Sure, it's
cramped, but you get there 3.5x faster, burning less fuel.  Range
depends on how much fuel you carry.  I have 15 gallons and the range is
about 350 miles at the "economy cruise" speed I normally fly at in
N891JF, 150 mph, with a 2180cc VW engine.  N56ML can carry 23 gallons,
and gets 40 mpg also, so you do the math.  Your bladder and your back
are really the limits here.

Comfort is a matter of opinion.  You're not going to move but a few
inches in any direction, so you be the judge, but flying is a lot less
stressful...no "left-lane bandits", no cops, no traffic jams.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com