I had a 1983 Cadillac with the 4.1 V-8 that had a belt driven vacuum pump
to supplement manifold vacuum.  I don't know how common that is, using a
vacuum pump to supplement manifold vacuum on car engines, but the 4.1
came from the factory with such a pump.  So . . . junkyards would be a
good source of vacuum pumps although I'm sure one can find a more elegant
solution to provide vacuum to drive whatever needs to be driven.

Keep in mind that you can use two external venturi tubes instead of one.
I've seen planes with two.  They're subject to icing as someone said . .
. and that would happen right when you needed your vacuum instruments the
most.  In this era of AHARS I think I would bypass using vacuum at all.
Vacuum pumps have always been the weak link in the system and venturi
tubes are too vulnerable as well as causing drag.  It's time to go with
more reliable technology if you intend to actually use those instruments.

Mike
KSEE