Dave Acklam wrote:

 > My mismatch is at the 'big' central bolt-hole where the top wing WAFs
 > attach to the top fuselage WAFs

My bad...I apparently missed that detail.  Then yes, I'd just make a new
set of WAFs also.  Although you can stress relieve 4130 after welding
with a torch, to be sure it's as good as new 4130 plate, you need a
"certified" welder, checked for incomplete penetration with radiographic
inspection.  New holes in new material is the way I'd do probably do it.
  It's a lot easier and cheaper.

But just to throw another curve ball, given the amount of "extra"
material around those holes, if the next larger diameter bolt would
work, there's always match drilling to use the next size larger bolt, or
even two sizes.  Now that I think about it, that's exactly what I'd do
if it were mine.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com