Brian Kraut wrote:

> The main spar fittings are exactly the same for both the 2 and the
> 2S. On the aft spar of the 2 the fittings should all the same, but on
> the 2S the spar cants forward a few degrees some of the aft fittings
> are a bit longer with a slight difference in spacing from the attach
> bolt hole to the holes that go through the spar. They also have a
> slight bend to them.

I wasn't brave enough to say it without checking, but they are
different.  The KR2 had eight straight ones for the center aft spar, and
eight for the outer aft spars that had the three degree bend, which gave
the spars three degrees of forward sweep.  The lengths have to be
slightly different for the bolts to line up (through the spar).  They
are labeled in the KR2 notebook as numbers 2,3 and 4.  Not sure why they
aren't named 1, 2 and 3.  Maybe the mains are "number 1", but the
drawing isn't labeled as such.  Go figure.

The KR2S uses only two different aft fittings, eight of each.  They all
have the three degree bend, which yields 6 degrees of sweep for the KR2S
aft spar, which gives it that more tapered look, and essentially helps
to improve the MAC forward slightly, improving stability (slightly).  To
make this work though, eight fittings are longer than the other eight,
so the bolt holes will line up (through the spar).  I have them laid out
on the bench with a straight edge against them, so I'm not
guessing...and this does verify what I was thinking, given that Trailing
Edge Technologies made a number of these, and I still have a set (for my
next plane)...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com