I also recommend the 20 degree Aviation Products tailwheel, as I've had
zero problems with mine other than wheel bearings.  For that reason, I
would buy the tailwheel assembly directly from the source, Aviation
Products, at (805) 646-6042, rather than AS&S.  It is less expensive
than from AS&S, and you know for a fact that you are getting high
quality sealed (and lubricated) wheel bearings with it.

If that sounds ridiculous, please see about a quarter of the way down
http://www.n56ml.com/kgear.html , where I was sold dry, ungreased (and
ungreaseable) bearings by AS&S, with no apologies.  I like to spread
this word whenever possible.  There's no point in feeding the bears, and
rewarding them for knowingly screwing builders!

And no, the above has nothing to do with springs on the tailwheel
cables, but as you can see from the photo on the website, I don't have
any springs either, just a little bit of slack to that they don't limit
rudder travel at full stop.  Troy Petteway recommended this setup, and
it works fine on both N56ML and N891JF.

If you are on a budget and like to make things yourself, the tailwheel
setup shown in the KR2 plans works fine, weighs less, and is at least as
aerodynamic as about anything else you could think of.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com