There is a way to protect the element on an O2 sensor. When you make the
bung, create a small hood to protect the element. Something like the
bill of a ball cap. The hood is positioned on the upstream side of the
exhaust flow. Make it about 40% of a circle and just long enough to
cover the element. The sensor will read the exhaust flow just file and
the combustion residue will not collect on the element. The O2 sensor
will last many times longer with this small mod. Someone discovered this
when running 60lbs. boost with 110 octane race gas.

Interestingly, Chrysler cast this little shield in the exhaust manifolds
of the later model I4 8V motors.

Wayne DeLisle Sr.
oldmoparguy at carolina dot rr dot com

-- > KR> Cyberdyne mixture meter