At first read, sounds like a really good idea. I would support this, and get
training...

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Victor Taylor via KRnet <krnet at
list.krnet.org> Date: 10/15/16  12:27 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: krnet at
list.krnet.org Cc: velocityoner at yahoo.com Subject: KR> Training Aircraft
While at Mount Vernon I had a moment to chat with Mark about a training
aircraft. I know it is a long shot but we might be able to get some donations
up and put together a wide body KR with full duals to do transition training
with. It doesn't have to be fast. We can get a LODA from the FAA to legally
charge for flight / transition instruction to keep up the airplane or start
paying back people who donate or invested in it. We could have a couple
different instructors that would be approved for training in the airplane. I am
a CFII with KR experience in both Martin Robert's KR and in Steve Alderman's
KR. I have never flown one with a VW though. Marty and Steve had loaned me
their airplanes when they had them. I am one of the very few people who has
borrowed KR 2's.

I am working on my KR 2 again now and have promised to have it at the next
Mount Vernon fly in. Mine will have an O-200 on it.
It might be that we could set my airplane up for dual training when it is done.
I already have dual sticks and pedals in it. I don't have dual throttles but
that might be possible to add. My airplane is a standard width KR and I weight
235 so there would be limits on the weight of the other person were we to set
my airplane for this mission.

Should the idea be discussed? What are the groups thoughts on this? If we
formed a 501 charitable corp we could get donations from other people and it
would help us out as well. I am sure there is a KR out there somewhere that
someone is wanting to see fly but knows they will never finish. Donating it and
taking a tax loss might be one idea. I am sure we could get discounts on
everything to put this together from sponsors that could be named on the side
of the airplane.

Victor Taylor CFII
Irvington, AL