My stock plans-built KR-2 cockpit width is 34 inches inside rail to inside
rail at the widest point.  Two 200-pound persons can fit with passenger left
arm around my shoulder, but very uncomfortable to close the canopy.  Oh, now
you want to fly like that?  Ain't gonna happen.  With me and full fuel, the
payload is 84 pounds before going over gross.  Gross weight is computed by
the FAA recommended standard weight procedure.  Had I known what that 34
inches width would mean, I definitely would have widened the boat by 6
inches and settled for a slower cruise speed.
If you are just starting out, I definitely recommend you buy the supplement
and build the KR-2S.  Besides, the KR-2 plans, as is, have a flaw that can
get you killed due to inherent aft CG.  The supplement does fix that.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Subject: KR> What are most KR-2's inside fuselage width?
How many fly with a passenger?

I am new to the group and would like feedback.

Ryan