OK folks this might be the dummest question but...

Is a vacuum gauge going from 30" of vacuum down to 0" the same as a manifold
pressure gauge going from 0" of pressure up to 30". If so, and it's just a dial
face change, why are the latter so much more expensive. See, for example, in
the Aircraft Spruce catalog (mine is old at 1998-1999):

Mitchell vacuum gauge PN 10-25125 for $35-50 and manifold gauge PN 10-25145 for
$71-50.

Why couldn't I just remove the dial face and mirror image it? Does anyone know
of a supplier of 2 1/4" manifold gauges that are cheaper. Egauges have an
ISSPRO but it's calibrated in psi and I don't like its look. VDO don't seem to
make a MP but do have a vacuum and this might be what I get since it matches my
other gauges.

Awaiting the dunce's hat in the corner!!

John

The Martindale Family
29 Jane Circuit
TOORMINA NSW 2452