On ZS-WEC, my KR2, I converted all the automotive size instruments into
aircraft size (2.25 inches) instruments.

All I had to do was to make square flanges of the correct size out of
aluminium 2.8mm sheets (I dreamt of a thicker, plastic sheet, without
finding one), then cut out a hole in the middle at the correct automotive
hole size, slip the instrument in, and voila!
To secure the instrument to the flange, I epoxied each instrument to its new
flange, but quite frankly, the C-clamp would have worked too.

I have PowerPoint templates for these flanges, if anybody wants them. Just
print them on paper (ideally a sticker label), then cut the instrument holes
with your favorite hole saw or fly cutter, then drill the mounting holes,
then cut with a hacksaw.

Serge Vidal
KR2 ZS-WEC
Tunis, Tunisia

Ron Freiberger wrote:
[If it's AIRCRAFT, it's more expensive. And 2.25 inch diameter, and nice
looking.  If you go to PepBoys, and buy one for your CAR, it'll be cheaper.]