I'm pretty sure all H.D. engines are dry sump engines, forced
lubrication supplied by pump from an external tank.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks Pete

I really wish this is true, but I am struggling to see it.  Where does
the lube go - the pump has to scavenge from somewhere?

I saw potential in two engines Hz opposed (laying on their side) driving
a common shaft through one-way needle roller clutches.  Therefore twin
engine reliability in a single engine and the weight was about right.  I
dropped the idea coz I thought the motors would have to be vertical and
upright in tandem.

The current breed of Harley motors come equipped with EFI and put out
impressive numbers without being forced - a re-drive improves things and
could be incorporated in the common drive shaft.

What is a shovel?

Take care
Steve J