>The EVO is short for the H.D. Evolution engine (from 1986 -1998/9?) It's a
>darned side less shaky than the Shovel, and about 200% more reliable to boot
>
>I'm pretty sure all H.D. engines are dry sump engines, forced lubrication
>supplied by pump from an external tank. (There sure ain't no room in that
>tiny crankcase for a sump)
> Peter Bancks

I believe the engine used by "Hog Air" is the balanced engine that they quit
building a few years back.  They still had a demand for the engine so
I believe they put it back in production as an after market item.  It's not
sold in their bikes any more.  And yes, it has a dry sump.

He is using a reduction drive and the engine fit in the Zenair 601 rather
nicely.  His first engine was approx 80 hp and the latest one installed
is approx 100 to 110 hp.  He will have the 80 hp version at Oshkosh
mounted to a powered parachute trike for demos.

Needless to say he takes considerable bad-mouthing about a Harley
engine in an airplane.  At an airport cookout a few weeks ago the tower
contoller came down for a hotdog and I asked him (with everyone present
, of course) if he sent the grounds maintenance personel out to check
for an oil slick on the runway after the Harley landed.  It's a good thing
Bret has a sense of humor or I might have had my body cavities stuffed
full of hotdogs!!

Larry Flesner -Offical "Hog Air" test pilot and I have a tee shirt to prove
it.