Hello Net

After much delay, as of this morning I finally have all the parts from all the
shops, and can get on with the final assembly of my type 4, 2.3 turbo.  I
started today picking up the last of my parts, which was the modified
VolksPower accessory case, and the remainder of my turbo intake pipe's.  The
Subaru starter sure turns the engine fast.  I placed the copper gaskets in the
heads and torque them to the case.  I installed my lifters, lower cooling tins,
pushrod tubes, pushrods, and placed the rocker assemblies on the studs.
Tomorrow I will bolt the rockers down and check the rocker to valve geometry.
If that goes well, I will install the magneto driver to the back of the
crankshaft and install the accessory case.  I have to repaint my engine mount
and all the new pipes and manifolds.  With some luck I may get to mount the
engine before the weekend.  My goal is to have one full month of engine
operation prior to the gathering, and at least two weeks of flight time.
Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR celebrating 20 years
To the gathering or bust