On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:34:50 EDT jsmon...@aol.com writes:
> Can anyone please tell me where the primer lines should enter the
> engine?
> I think I have seen a picture recently but can't find it that showed
the
> primer lines entering the intake log.

Primer lines typically enter the intake with a primer nozzle anywhere
between the carb and the intake valves.  A and C series Continentals
typically have a single primer nozzle just above the carb in the intake
spider.  Lycomings usually have a primer nozzle threaded into the head
just in front of the intake valve.  I used a Continental style single
primer nozzle in the intake manifold just behind the carb on a VW that I
built for my Avid Flyer that worked well.

> Also what size hole and thread size should be used?

The primer nozzles are typically 1/8" NPT on the nozzle end that screws
into the manifold.

Jeff Scott

Get your name as your email address.