Scott
I'm not using a tech Inspector on my project and I think there has been many
people that have not used them.They are really there if you need that added
piece on mind or a second set of eyes if  you do want something looked
at.That being said,generally tech Inspectors are generally great help if you
do have any questions and if I were building a home built airplane I would
drop a useless club you get nothing out of and support EAA.Just my
thoughts,but you can gain a lot of info from most EAA chapters.I would get
someone else either a A&P or somebody to look at your spars before you close
them up......

Bob Glidden
Eminence,Indiana
KR2S N181FW (building)