About the Obituary and contact information.  I copied the following from the
Obituary on line. " with a service to follow, at the Triple Diamond Jet
Center  (  Diamond Jet | 220 Airport Ave. East, Venice, FL 34285 |
941-485-1799 .)  at the Venice Municipal Airport. Burial will be in
Englewood, Ohio. Farley Funeral Home( Fraley, Ada - Stocker-Farley Funeral
Home. (937) 448-2111 ... 400 Union Blvd. Englewood, OH Map.)  is in charge"
I'm sure that one or both of these locations can help with contact
information.

I sent Mark J a contribution.  Perhaps the Gathering fund could advance some
funds to make up any short fall.

As for the cause of this tragedy, perhaps health or aircraft malfunction
might be factors.  It does not seem likely that a pilot at his home base
would not be accustomed to the over water takeoff

Orma
Southfield, MI
KR-2  N110LR  1984
See Tweety at http://www.kr-2.aviation-mechanics.com