>Get serious!  Anyone who is looking at an airspeed indicator to  determine
>when an airplane is going to stall needs to learn how to fly.
>Bill Zorc

That's true but I think you may have missed the point.  I think some
were questioning at what airspeed the KR stalls and were trying to
get past the usual error in most ASI systems that you find in many
KR's in order to determine that number.

While it's true that in most "certified" aircraft you should know when
you're close to a stall by control forces, location, pitch attitude,etc.,
the KR can sneak up on you if you're not paying attention.  Pitch
attitude is probably the best indicator of impending stall in the KR
for a 1 G stall as the control forces are VERY light.  I feel no difference
in stick pitch forces at 55 as I do at 95.  Your weight in the seat is
probably the best indicator to pay attention for the more aggressive
stalls.

During takeoff and landing, at anything below about 65 to 70mph in
my KR, I seldom know what the ASI reads as I'm looking out the
window, feeling what the KR is telling me, and flying the airplane.
Above that in the landing / takeoff / climbout phase, I don't think
anyone is good enough to fly consistent  and proper patterns without
some type of indicator, be it ASI, A of A, or whatever.

For now, I'm off to the airport to test my advise some more.  I should
hit the 200 hour mark today if the weather holds.

Larry Flesner