From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of Mark Langford
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 11:03 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Fuselage weight question

Red wrote:

> My question is, Has anyone tried to reduce (lower) the
> turtledeck in size...i.e. more like the KR1?  It seems
> logical that you should be able to lower the taper,
> give more bubble effect (increase rearward visibility)
> from the canopy and reduce weight?

Reducing the taper to resemble a bubble will cost you in performance in
the
form of drag on the back of the canopy.  That's probably why the KR2
went to
the straight turtledeck.  And plexiglas is probably heavier than your
average turtledeck material per square foot.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net