Sorry, I'm just getting around to giving a rebuttal to this post. This
information is not true. I have a completed and flying plane that used
all the pre molded top and is widened 2 1/2 inches from the 2s plans. The
pre molds are pretty flexible and there is still plenty of fabrication to
do with them to make them fit. Janet advised me early on that 2 inches
extra was doable. After I got the top decks and canopy frame it became
obvious that I could have made the plane a little wider and still been
alright with the pre molds. I would have to reread my construction log to
know how much more it could have been. Off the top of my head I think
that 3 inches wider could be done. The one cravat is that the shape
should remain the same, in other words moving the widest point rearward
to the shoulder area would be a problem to get things to fit well.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, Pa.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com