Phil
Some of my friends fly Challengers, most are Rotax 503's, all are belt
drive.
They have been flying them for years, 10 or more. I don't know any history
or how often they are changed but I've never heard of a belt failure.  They
turn 6000+ rpm and seem to hold up well.

These are great little airplanes and very easy to fly. When I fly one I
worry more about the 2-cycle giving up than the belt. They stall around 30
so an engine out isn't nearly as big of a deal as in a KR.

Steve Bray
Jackson, Tennessee

Live.com page.
http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701