Glenn Martin wrote:

> I am also going to remove the old retractable
> landing gear and install fixed gear, disk brakes and 5-500 tires. bigger
> tires are safer on wet grass strips.

Please consider this carefully.  5-500 tires look (and are) pretty huge on a
KR.  I have the "standard" 11x4.0-5 Lamb tires, on 5-500 wheels, and that
works fine.  I fly in and out of grass strips a lot with this setup
(including wheel pants) and it's just not a problem.  I don't know that you
need the ground clearance, especially with a taildragger, unless you're
running a large diameter aircraft prop.  My recommnedation would be to avoid
Cleveland brakes and go for some like Tracy Obrien sells.  They are much
cheaper, lighter, and are easier to fit wheelpants to.

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com