With a foreword facing vent you have a ram air effect which pressurizes the
tank slightly. With the tank being full the fuel gets to sloshing and when
it contacts the vent port, it unloads. I had that happen on a Aircoupe while
I was a passenger once. We were buzzing a barn at a friends place and gas
came out all over the wind screen. That main tank should be vented.

-Joe
Scappoose Ore.