OK after thinking about the tandem seating Idea for a few days I feel like it
will be a little bit harder than I thought it would... But based on my limited
knowledge of aerodynamics, and a few basic assumptions, this might still be
worthwhile. Obviously I would like to get the maximum performance out of my
project that I can. There are 2 reasons that I am fixated on the tandem seating
arrangement.

1. I feel like the decreased width of the airplane will benefit in making it as
slippery as possible. obviously something 44" wide is gonna be harder to push
through the air than something 30 inches wide.

2. The tandem seating just feels sporty to me. Much more like sitting in a
fighter plane than a cross country cruiser. Well, doesnt everybody wanna feel
like they are flying a fighter?

The drawbacks are the rather large adjustments that will have to be made to the
airframe. Im thinking the wing will have to be moved  back. The front passenger
will have to sit somewhere right on top of the foreward spar. while the pilot
(rear) will basically be sitting  directly on the trailing edge of the wing. I
havent done the math(nor do I know how to ) but this is definately going to
necessitate moving the firewall foreward. If I follow the suggestions of
previous builders(Mark L) and use the full length of longeron material provided
in the boat kit I think I will have enough material to massage the dimensions
around enough to get the aircraft to be able to balance properly. There are
only 2 pictures available of the only flying kr I know of with tandem seating.
There is very little daetail on the modifications done to make it fly properly,
so I am kind of just winging it and theorizing right now.   Am I just dreaming
and making this more difficult than it should be? If I had the finances I would
be looking at something like the thunder mustang, but of course I dont(as so
few of us do). Perhaps I should be looking at other designs?

HotmailĀ® has ever-growing storage! Don?t worry about storage limits.