Did this so it would be easier to read

OK after thinking about the tandem seating Idea for a few days I feel
like it  will be a little bit harder than I thought it would... But
based on my limited knowledge of aerodynamics, and a few basic
assumptions, this might still be worthwhile. Obviously I would like to
get the maximum performance out of my project that I can. There are 2
reasons that I am fixated on the tandem seating arrangement.

1.
I feel like the decreased width of the airplane will benefit in making
it as slippery as possible. obviously something 44" wide is gonna be
harder to push through the air than something 30 inches wide.

2.
The tandem seating just feels sporty to me. Much more like sitting in a
fighter plane than a cross country cruiser. Well, doesnt everybody
wanna feel like they are flying a fighter?

The drawbacks are the
rather large adjustments that will have to be made to the airframe. Im
thinking the wing will have to be moved  back. The front passenger will
have to sit somewhere right on top of the foreward spar. while the
pilot (rear) will basically be sitting  directly on the trailing edge
of the wing. I havent done the math(nor do I know how to ) but this is
definately going to necessitate moving the firewall foreward. If I
follow the suggestions of previous builders(Mark L) and use the full
length of longeron material provided in the boat kit I think I will
have enough material to massage the dimensions around enough to get the
aircraft to be able to balance properly. There are only 2 pictures
available of the only flying kr I know of with tandem seating. There is
very little daetail on the modifications done to make it fly properly,
so I am kind of just winging it and theorizing right now.   Am I just
dreaming and making this more difficult than it should be? If I had the
finances I would be looking at something like the thunder mustang, but
of course I dont(as so few of us do). Perhaps I should be looking at
other designs?

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.