Just a short note that N4DD crashed on landing today at Mt. Vernon.
Dan Freeman has some good cuts and scrapes on his head, arms and
feet, but should pull through. He is currently at a local hospital being
treated for his injuries.

I almost had the crash in pictures as I was walking out of the terminal
to shoot the first KR arrival as he touched down and bounced back up
into the air. A gust of wind pushed him further up into the air. He
tried to
correct and get the nose down when the gust subsided and he fell 30+
feet to the ground.

He hit with the nose down and the right wing down. The plane slid the
length of the taxiway, about 130 ft. The right wing folded under the
fuselage. The engine and instrument  were broken off and swung back
along the fuselage side.

Will give an update on Dan's condition once I hear something.

Dave Mullins