From: Benjamin Copeland <just2...@together.net>
To: KRnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Fri, October 30, 2009 8:26:51 PM
Subject: Re: KR> Careful what you carry with you

Dan,
Call the Emergency Medical Services office and ask for the Director. You
haven't heard from the police because you didn't break a law. An EMT has
absolutely no authority to confiscate anything - they can remove stuff if it
hampers their job of providing medical services - they cannot take
anything - period. I was an EMT for four years from NC to Hawaii. He
probably didn't steal your knife (but maybe) - for sure he was an idiot with
an ego over stepping his authority. Reminds me of small-time security
officers who think their paramilitary police. Yea, I was in security for a
SHORT time too.

Ben
just2...@together.net

Dan said:
"...reporting it to Homeland Security.". "... they confiscated my knife
anyway but the police haven't been here to arrest me yet."