I used Sherwin Williams Acrylic Latex house paint, three coats primer, three
coats top coat semi-gloss, sanding between all coats and one coat clear
gloss and polish.  The ultra white in the top coat has been tinted extra
white.  It has a mirror shine, but the white just does not have any depth.
I was trying to get-r-done cheap with a slick finish for less parasitic
drag.  Primer was $21 per gallon at Lowe's; $23 per gallon  for top coat and
$19 per gallon clear.  I used my 120 psi shop compressor for air supply and
a HVLP sprayer ($39 at Lowe's).  Used a Sears inline regulator set for 20
psi for primer and top coats, 10 psi for clear.  The 6.5 cfm compressor had
to work hard to keep up with air demand.
Paint repairs for hangar rash and one structure mod were simple and easy.
The white on white repairs are impossible to detect.  How the paint holds up
in service is yet to be determined.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

...wondering what everyone was using for a primer and finish coat of paint
on their planes ?.

Thanks
Bobby Burington
California KR Builder