My 1835cc Hapi engine had the flywheel replaced when it had 500 hrs on
it. The service bulletin which happened years before that I had not
heard about,,,but when the alternator quit ,Steve Bennett at Great
Plains recommended it replace the flywheel too. I did not know why until
I pulled off the flywheel.
All 4 dowel pins holes were SEVERELY ELONGATED and surely would have
failed soon! In retrospect I was glad the alternator had failed and
prevented the more extensive damage that would have occurred if I had
not caught it when I did...