Gasoline will disolve Rustoleum.  I would't waste my time with spray cans or
paint that does not use a catalyst.

--- On Tue, 12/1/09, Peter Drake <p...@kingsland.uk.com> wrote:

From: Peter Drake <p...@kingsland.uk.com>
Subject: Re: KR> Paint
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 2:37 AM

One intrepid builder in the UK has used Rustoleum combicolor paint on his
aircraft. He was inspired by the amazing finishes the VW campervan community
were achieving! There is an article about it in the April 2009 LAA magazine.
(our equivalent to the EAA).
He applied it heavily thinned with white spirit with a 4" roller in very
thin coats.
The advantage being that small components can be finished and put away, with
the minimum of workshop preparation as there is no overspray.
The plane hasn't flown yet so we are all waiting to see how durable it is.
There was some question about how hard it was.

Peter Drake
Hereford UK