John Godwin wrote:

>>I have a question that I hope has an easy answer guys. I put a layer of
>>glass on my starboard elevator 2 days ago. That night we had a power
>>failure and the temp dropped to around 64 degrees F, now 2 days later the
>>resin is still tacky in places. Have I just ruined the lay up? I used
>>Aeropoxy PR2032 with PH3660 hardener.<<

Aeropoxy doesn't cure very fast below 70F, and certainly not in the lower
60's.  Heat it up to 78F or so and it'll probably finish curing in a few
hours.  The tacky places you found are probably thinner areas where there
wasn't enough volume in one place to go exothermic and warm the stuff up to
the point of curing.  Trying warming it all up, and I'll bet it'll be fine.
But if it's been above 75 or so for days and is still tacky, you probably
have other problems as mentioned by Ron.  Aeropoxy doesn't usually have any
kind of tacky film on the surface though.

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com