I'm certainly no antenna expert but I would have a concern about
building an antenna in to any part of the aircraft structure.  You
are betting that you will never have an antenna or connection problem
for the life of the aircraft.  Fortunately, I was made a gift of the
antenna I'm using

(http://www.advancedaircraft.com/  and it works GREAT.  I'm guessing
a builder could build one of similar design and get similar
results.  My antenna is tie-wrapped to the second cross member behind
my baggage bay.  It's length is greater than the vertical height
available so the top and bottom elements are simply bent in a forward
direction when they contact the floor and turtle deck.  It passes
within 6 inches of my elevator cables.  Using this antenna and a
cheap hand held radio, I often hear radio chatter 75 miles out, have
talked to approach control and tower 35 miles out, and always get a
"loud and clear" response.  I've communicated with Langford at 50+
miles on several occasions.  If I ever have an antenna problem I
simply remove the access panel to my turtle deck area, clip two tie
wraps,  and I have my antenna in hand.  Keep it simple and keep on
building.  Flying is MUCH MORE FUN. :-)

Larry Flesner