Glenn Martin wrote:

>I believe the carbon fiber would do more harm than good,as it ADDS
>extraneous loss. <

Given the experiment we conducted at work where the conductivity didn't
affect EMF, I can't see why Larry's idea of wrapping the copper foil around
the arrow shaft lengthwise (down the length of the shaft, not around it)
wouldn't be any different from putting it inside a fiberglass shaft.  The
big difference would be that one has air inside the copper "tube" and the
other has a non-conductive but somewhat reflective thing inside.  I'll be
the first to admit that it's simply a matter of using something else
(plastic tubing, a wooden dowel, anything non-conductive) and get on with
your life, but it's an interesting test that I'll have to do when things
warm up enough to do some outside testing using the same radio but both
versions of a dipole antenna.  I don't think the copper will care what it's
wrapped around the outside of, as long as it's not conductive.  But why
debate it...I'll test it and we'll know for sure...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com