Yes,I am the builder,owner,and pilot of KR-2 N455JS, who was found in a VERY
dense woods outside of Mobile,Alabama,in 1986. Even though more than a dozen
people saw me go down from nearby, they found me with an aircraft tracking my
ELT. Even though my radio was not tuned to 121.5, I could hear the Whoop,Whoop
of the ELT signal bleeding through my headset,which was still inside the
aircraft,as I lay on the left wing center section. It was sweet music to my
ears, but not as sweet as the engine noise of a passing aircraft,[The search
plane] ,that turned around and started to circle me in the air.They directed
ground personnel to me. Think it won't ever happen to you? I hope you're right.
I wouldn't fly a single seater cross country without one,required or not. John
T Shaffer,N455JS