More scary.  Today, I finally got the other wheel off.  And it did take a
wheel puller to get this one off.  I have new bearings with the proper ID,
to be delivered today, so this will not be a problem in the future.  The
scary thing is that when I finally got the wheel apart, I saw that most of
the inside diameter of the tube had been pinched in the wheel seam.  And,
the really scary thing is that the wheel had not been torqued completely,
or, the tube would have been cut.  There were no cuts in the tube from where
it was keeping the wheel from going completely together.

I issue this post to any of you who have wheels that you inherited from
someone else.  I should have checked these out completely, before flying
this plane.  I have 95 hours on it, and have been just plain LUCKY.

Daniel R. Heath

da...@windstream.net

See N64KR at  <http://krbuilder.org/> http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on
the pics

See you at the 2010 - KR Gathering in Richmond, Ky - I39