If so, are any of y'all currently employed  using your training & skills IN
THE AVIATION  AREA?

I have a very specific reason for asking:   some of the comments (and
actions) that I am reading about here  are
 -- quite frankly -- scaring  the dickens out of me.

  If there ARE other A&Ps reading  & 'using' this net we need to start
monitoring this net a bit more closely  and offering our advice to our fellow
builders (and pilots, also, for that  matter.)

 A good example is the stuff I've been  reading about installing the
aileron hinges and the problems folks have been  encountering installing tires
&
tubes.

~ ~ ~

Ken Rand & Stu Robinson did a superb job in  designing the KR aircraft.
They did a very good job [in my opinion]  of
reverse-engineering in order to get the machine  into usable drawings . . .
. . . . for that time!

However, there have been many significant  changes/improvements in
techniques and materials since then, along with  revisions to the
plans/drawings.

This KR net is an excellent source of helpful  hints!  The old KR news
letters [originally by snail-mail, if I remember  correctly] were/are a wealth
of information, also.

But ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I strongly fear that many of  us and our creations are merely
accidents waiting to  happen.

If there ARE any experienced A&Ps involved  in KR work, we need to add more
to helping our fellow builders &  flyers!

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +  + + + +

Does ANY one still use  AC4313.1A?

Even though he/she may not even be involved in  homebuilt/experimental
flying machines, merely asking almost ANY experienced  A&P mechanic a question
about some problem you're having will probably yield  some sort of useful
information.  Whether it be an immediate, complete  solution for your quandary
or maybe a simple shop trick that will be a helluva  shortcut.  Try it!
You'll like it!

s/s WxBY-ORL/MCO

P.S.  We are really excited about seeing  all the KR aircraft, owners,
builders & pilots at tomorrow's Sun-N-Fun  International Fly-In & Air Shows!

I'll be the Ol' Fart in the electric scooter,  asking a million questions &
taking dozens of  photos!