At 09:09 AM 10/25/2010, you wrote:
>How big is your Bladder ? Virg

It's not just about bladder as Mark pointed out in an earlier
post.  He can now make cross country trips, out and back, without
refueling.  I carry 4 hours of fuel (25 gal) and on my longest cross
country to date I made a fuel stop after two hours to stretch and
purchase some cheap auto fuel.

My tanks are in the outboard wing panels only, 12.5 gallon in each
wing and no header tank.  They run from root to tip and extend only
10 inches behind the forward spar.  From full to empty tanks my C.G.
shifts forward 1 inch.  I seldom run them completely full.  Most of
my local flying is done with 1/4 to 3/4 full tanks.  I use two
electric fuel pumps that can pump from either or both tanks, no
engine driven fuel pump.  I also have a small (4 AH) backup battery
in case I lose my electrical system.  That happened once and the
backup battery kept the engine running without a miss.  385+ hours
and no problems in spite of the fact that many said it couldn't be
done.  On a 7 foot long tank you'll want to make sure it is well
baffled to eliminate any slosh.

Larry Flesner