The question I propose is;  How close to the rear of the forward spar should
the back of the tank be?

I am building my wing tanks from Fiberglass. (Final Choice).  But as far as
size goes.  Because I have the forward spar that is 8 inches tall I plan to
make my tanks. 6 inches tall at the spar, 10" wide, 5" deep at the rear (for
the root end).  36" long. 4 inches tall, by 10" wide by 3" deep (for the tip
end).  This will give me approximately 7.00 gallons each.  Also will give me
about 1" of foam between tank and wing skin.
Will the 10" wide (front to back) be a problem with weight and balance? or
should I make them longer but yet narrower?  I still want to stay just above
the 6 gallon volume.  I hope to start working on them this Saturday while I am
forced to be at work just to watch workers on site.
P.S. I am building them per one of the Tony Bingelis' methods.

Steve Phillabaum
KR2Swide
Shorter, Alabama
334-740-0066