The right hose and AN fitting. They are not that expensive and easy to use,
safe and why doesn't everyone use them. la...@lebanair.com

-----Original Message-----
From: krnet-bounces+larry=lebanair....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+larry=lebanair....@mylist.net] On Behalf Of Donald
Greer
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 7:36 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> fuel system fittings

Dene,

I believe that the only flexible hoses which will get the nod from
your inspector are the MS28741 series rubber hose assemblies.  These
hoses are rated for use both inside and outside of fuel tanks and,
unlike a single barb with band clamp, have a threaded barb which
engages the inside of the hose and a threaded collar which engages the
outside of the hose to 'clamp' the hose to the barb (note - if you
have not seen them before, they are not flare fittings).

As others have noted, flexible lines are heavier then rigid lines, but
they do have their place.  Specific examples of usage would be input
lines for pressure transducers or carburetors and output lines for
fuel pumps, where flexing caused by changing pressure or vibration
from pump/engine operation would have a detrimental effect on rigid
lines over time.

For aircraft applications, I absolutely agree with the opposition of
others to the single barbed connections.  This is one of those aspects
of aircraft construction where I believe that one cannot compromise
safety for the sake of saving a couple of dollars.

My two-cents worth,

Don Greer
Belleville, Ontario