Pete Klapp wrote:
>   I'm thinking a latch from a small import as they tend to use a lockable
> handle or push button style of lock. Maybe a Mazda Miata? Any suggestions
> gladly welcomed.
> Thanks for the great idea!!!

I haven't gone to the junkyard yet, but i was thinking along the small
popular import line. I'm going to put the latch mechanism  on the center
of the turtledeck opening and the catch on the canopy frame along with
an appropriate handle to pull it closed. I'll build a mall lockable door
on the turtledeck by the left rear canopy corner and install  latch
handle inside the door for opening from the outside (only lock when
parked..When flying leave unlocked. In case of an accident it allows a
rescue crew emergency access). The inside canopy open handle will be
somewhere convenient. I'll go mark this all off with some masking tape
and put some pics up on the website for clarity at some point today.

--
Glenn Martin
KR2 N1333A "Guardian Angel"